Monday, October 29, 2007

Yep, I am getting old.

For those of you that know me pretty well you know that I did not wear glasses for many years. Yep I said it, "I did not wear glasses." Well today I am feeling a bit older.

At the beginning of the year my wife put me on her vision insurance. I said, "sure I will get an eye exam sometime." Well the time came when she mentioned that she was wasting good money on me for having vision insurance taken out of her paycheck every month. I had no choice but to go see an eye doctor.

First off I get to the office which is in a mall. I already don't like the feel of this. The next step is to fill out all of the paperwork for some 18 year old kid that is working the front desk. His hair and fashion sense told me he was 18. I like to generalize like that. So after filling out all of the paperwork, I get some preliminary testing done and am told to wait in this dark little exam room.

So I am waiting for about 10 minutes and I am expecting to see a Doctor. What do I get? A twenty something kid that calls himself "Doctor". So he introduces himself as Doctor and I say nice to meet you... I am not calling this kid "Doctor". Justin will do fine for me.

Anyway he tells me I have a slight astigmatism and I could "use" a prescription. He writes down the necessary numbers and tells me I am good to go. I leave the office thinking I might go get glasses some day.

Today was that day. I figured might as well do it now than really need them later. And now I am the proud owner of a pair of Nike Titanium Eye Glasses. Yeah they look kind of fashionable. And to be honest as soon as I get used to wearing them they will help. It is incredible to actually see little writing again. I never knew my eyesight was so blurry.

But, I do feel just a bit older because I have to wear them now. I always prided myself on having very strong eyesight.

Until next time.

Joe

1 comment:

Christy Berger said...

HA! You're finally catching up to me Joe! Pretty soon you'll be passing by me with gray hair! Welcome to the "middle ages"! The big 40 is approaching soon!