Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Sprint Center Arena in Downtown Kansas City

Well today was the big day. The new downtown arena has opened. And they even let the great unwashed, (me included) tour the inside of the arena.


All I can say is W-O-W! I don't think I had ever seen a brand spanking new arena, stadium or concert venue on the day it has opened. I was amazed with everything I saw. From the longest escalator known to man to the absolutely incredible private suites for those corporate big money people. I have to tell you the designers of this gem did a fantastic job.

Probably the coolest part of the arena is that the entire outer shell is completely glass. As you can see from the photo above there is daylight coming in from the windows. The whole place was very open and "airy".
Another cool part of the design is that the arena is actually built at ground level. Now I say this because most arenas built like that have access to the upper seating levels at about half-way up. And then you have to climb very steep steps to get to your seat. This arena has escalators that take you from ground level all the way up to the top level and you actually walk down to your seat. There is a concourse at the highest level with restrooms and concession stands.
There are 18,000 seats in this arena but yet it feels very comfortable. After looking around the arena from every angle I truly believe there is not a bad seat in the house.
I also went down to where my seats are for the Garth Brooks Concert on November 12th. Incredible view. If you are wanting to purchase the tickets from me. Please leave a comment with an offer and a way to contact you.
Anyway, hope you enjoyed the writing.
Joe

No comments: